Sunday, August 05, 2007

Random Thoughts -

Arkansas Times new section where they take photos of folks in clubs having a great time. I looked at this weekend edition and realized "no black folks go to the Rivermarket area" to the clubs. This sort of puzzled me cuz I thought I had seen them down there before. Yet, somehow, one lone brother snuck into the pic on the top left. He must have been looking for his date, being pretty sure he had brought the only other lady of color down to the market. I helped him look for her and she might be in that kickball picture at the bottom of the page but I can't be sure.

Also, I did not get the memo about partying in the rivermarket area being limited to white young girls with, preferrably blonde, chi straightened hair. OR brown chi straightened hair. Who makes the rules? What happens if you get caught down there with red curly hair - GASP!!!

So obvious the pictures are.... so sadly not a true reflection of the rivermarket scene.

Deb

No comments: