Saturday, March 01, 2008

Great Benefit!!

I am just getting around to posting this, since it has taken me a whole week to recover. We had the Wintertime Blues Bash at Parrot Beach Cafe last Saturday the 23rd. Great lineup of Big John Miller Band, Trouble in Mind, Springwater, Port Arthur Band featuring Gil Franklin and Charlotte Taylor & Gypsy Rain.
The joint was packed!! Lots of fun to be had by all! Lots of dancing and cavorting or was it cavorting and dancing? Flap made a wonderful guitar cake, it was quite yummy. She just don't feel right showing up at Parrot Beach without a cake, I guess.
Big thanks to all who came out. The guitar I altered as an art piece went for $250.00 to Rod Gilstrap who tells me he is changing it to make a lap steel (WTF?)... ok, I mean he did buy it right?
We raised a total of $1,154.00!! What an awesome fun night. (Photos by AmyB)

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for booking this benefit with me at Parrot Beach Cafe and so glad it was a successful night for KABF.

I regret missing this benefit, but the hospital was calling my name as usual with a pancreatitis attack.

I plan on being at the next one for sure.

Theresa
Website & Booking Manager

Parrot Beach Cafe
9611 MacArthur Drive
North Little Rock, AR. 72118 (501)771-2994

Check us out at: http://www.myspace.com/parrot_beach_cafe